Client Layout & Language Error in Joomla 3.0

This is the place to post questions and comments about the FlexBanner component
golfads

Client Layout & Language Error in Joomla 3.0

Post by golfads » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for this great extension, and much more important, to provide it free of charge (Non Commercial).

We are having two issues with the extension, please refer to the attached screenshot:

[attachment=0]client_layout.png[/attachment]

1. The client side layout comes out of the body position, as you will see in the screenshot, part of the table is under the right menu. Is there anyway to make the table content fit the body (main-body) position please?
2. In the language column, instead of getting the language name (such as English or French), we are getting 'JUNDEFINED' but in backend, we have assigned the banner to the corresponding language.

Our website is designed with Joomla 3.1.1 and we are using FlexBanner 3.0.5.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Attachments
client_layout.png
Client Layout & Language Error
client_layout.png (54.21 KiB) Viewed 1363 times

Andrew998

Re: Client Layout & Language Error in Joomla 3.0

Post by Andrew998 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:21 am

As regards to the width, it can be fixed using a template override. In your template create a directory under html called com_flexbanners/client. Copy the file components/com_flexbanners/views/client/tmpl/default.php to it. You can then edit that file to reduce the widths of the columns. I'll probably look again at how I define those widths so that it's a bit more flexible for narrower widths.

With regard to the language issue I'll need to fix it. Watch out for a new release of FlexBanners shortly (probably with the template changed too).
Andrew998
Developer

golfads

Post by golfads » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for this very quick reply, very appreciated, even for a weekend, you are doing your best to provide very good support, I will definitely add this to my review about FlexBanner on JED by tomorrow, I really appreciate developers who are devoted to their extensions and much more important when the extension is Non Commercial, you do not have any income from this extension I am sure, even no real donation which is quite sad, there are commercial extensions where developers are providing very poor support.

About the update release, should we come back to the website regularly to check for updates or should we receive an email about new update available or perhaps get an update request in Joomla admin? In any case, do you have an expected timing for the update release please?

Thanks,

Tomy

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:53 am

Joomla will inform you of the update which should be available today or tomorrow.
Andrew998
Developer