Default Banner

This is the place to post questions and comments about the FlexBanner component
jsooter

Default Banner

Post by jsooter » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:11 pm

I there any way to set a default banner so that it automatically gets assigned to new articles so I don't have to go in and add them each time?

Andrew998

Re: Default Banner

Post by Andrew998 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:09 pm

There certainly isn't any way of doing that at present but I can see some merit in it. The problem is that it could quickly become very complex if you had lots of different permutations. I could put it in for articles only to be asked for a similar facility for categories or sections.

I'll give it some thought but I'm not sure it's something I'm going to do.
Andrew998
Developer

jsooter

Post by jsooter » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:40 pm

How about a check box for select all in the "Restrict by ID"?

Also is there a way to modify that list box to be taller so I can see more articles?

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:38 am

jsooter wrote:How about a check box for select all in the "Restrict by ID"?
That's just the same as don't restrict by ID. Anyway, selecting all is easy. You just choose the first item, hold the shift key, and choose the last item.

jsooter wrote:Also is there a way to modify that list box to be taller so I can see more articles?
That's much easier to do but what is the right size. Everyone will have a different view.

If you want to change it yourself, just change the value of size="5" on line 364 of admin.flexbanner.php. You can just change that file and ftp it onto your site. No need to worry about an installation package.
Andrew998
Developer

jsooter

Post by jsooter » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:48 am

Well we get sometimes 75 new articles a day so it's just a hassle to have to go in and set the banner to the new ones but I'll experiment with the do not set by id and see if the newer banners override it like they do now.

Thanks for the tip Ill play with setting the size on that box. With hundreds of articles to search through it can be a challenge to find the one I'm looking for.

Thank you :D