Location, Published, Finished

This is the place to post questions and comments about the FlexBanner component
rowby

Location, Published, Finished

Post by rowby » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Using 1.5.5 (Looks great!)

I am sure it is simple to use but I am not sure of the various settings. A Youtube video instruction would be great... :lol:

What exactly is the purpose of Location? I did create a location and I highlighted it in the banner edit page. And I copied and pasted the location in the banner module.

Also even though i have the finish date set to 2099-01-01 I see the Finish icon in red. What is the year format required, perhaps that is the problem. The banner is set Yes to publish. I have 10000 maximum impessions set. But nothing is sowing. Not even the module title which I have set to Yes.

The banner is not showing. Module is enabled. Enable content specific advertising is Yes.

Here's the link to the banner. The Module title is Auto Rental Show2 on the right side. But no banner is showing. It's an animated gif.

Also I am seeing a broken thumbnail in the summary of banners even though I see th full size banner

Also how do I associate the module with the specific banner? I am assuming, like Joomla's banner management system I can have different banner positions --right position, left position, correct???

Thanks

I hope there is a reply for me today -- I want to us this on a site I am working on today. :)

Andrew998

Re: Location, Published, Finished

Post by Andrew998 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:24 pm

rowby wrote:Using 1.5.5 (Looks great!)

I am sure it is simple to use but I am not sure of the various settings. A Youtube video instruction would be great... :lol:
There are instructions here: http://www.inchhosting.co.uk/joomla/fle ... uide.html
rowby wrote:What exactly is the purpose of Location? I did create a location and I highlighted it in the banner edit page. And I copied and pasted the location in the banner module.
THe location is simply a place that holds the banner. Once created it is given a numerical ID. It is the numerical ID that you must use in the module, not the name.
rowby wrote:Also even though i have the finish date set to 2099-01-01 I see the Finish icon in red. What is the year format required, perhaps that is the problem.
The Finish icon is in red because it hasn't finished. The red cross becomes a green tick to indicate that, yes, it has finished.
rowby wrote:The banner is set Yes to publish. I have 10000 maximum impessions set. But nothing is sowing. Not even the module title which I have set to Yes.

The banner is not showing. Module is enabled. Enable content specific advertising is Yes.
I think it is because you have not used the numerical location ID in the module.
rowby wrote:Here's the link to the banner. The Module title is Auto Rental Show2 on the right side. But no banner is showing. It's an animated gif.

Also I am seeing a broken thumbnail in the summary of banners even though I see th full size banner

Also how do I associate the module with the specific banner? I am assuming, like Joomla's banner management system I can have different banner positions --right position, left position, correct???
The location ID is used to associate the module with the banner.
Andrew998
Developer

rowby

Post by rowby » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am

AH the location ID -- I put the location name.

You might want, in the next version to put in the module Location ID (Just like it is displayed in the Component) instead of Locationid. It would be easier to read, and I wouldn't have missed the "id" so easily.

ALSO in the component, the Location ID is WAY to the right of the column. I completely missed the ID # -- not only is it way to the right, it appears to be in a light grey type. Make it bigger and perhaps bolder - and directly under the ID column.

Looks like I'm gonna have fun with this component. Thanks for your help, even on the weekend!

Rowby
Attachments
locatoin-ID.jpg
locatoin-ID.jpg (4.93 KiB) Viewed 2695 times

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:13 am

I'm glad you like it. Your suggestions are good ones and I have incorporated them. A new version (1.5.6) is now available.
Andrew998
Developer