Placing Banners In JMarket Category

This is the place to post questions and comments about the FlexBanner component
RitzyFaire

Placing Banners In JMarket Category

Post by RitzyFaire » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:58 pm

I looked through the forum but could not find any information on this. I am using Jmarket for etsy type site. I would like to place different banners on specific category pages and have them only be on those category pages. So, a banner for toys on the toys category page but on no other pages. Is it possible to do that with FlexBanner? If so, can you please tell me where I would find the instructions for that?

Thank you!!

ruud

Re: Placing Banners In JMarket Category

Post by ruud » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:24 am

Hi, this is possible :)
in the module that displays your banners set > Enable content specific advertising = Yes
then in the flexbanner itself (via Components menu) set in tab [content restrictions]:
Content Specific Advertising = Yes
Categories = 'the categorie where this flexbanner should show'

That is it :)

RitzyFaire

Post by RitzyFaire » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Thank you so much for your quick response! I am super excited that Flex Banner does this. However, I do not understand one of the instructions.

You said "in the module that displays your banners set" where would I find that? I found the Component menu in Flex Banner and can follow those instructions but I have no clue what the 'module that dispalys my banner set is.

I am using Joomla-JMarket-FlexBanner.

Thank you again for your help!!

ruud

Post by ruud » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:36 am

Hi,

flexbanners are managed via the component, but the actual displaying of the banner is done via a module. The module is assigned to a template location and shown on the selected menus.

Without the module there will be nothing shown :)

in your sites back-end > Extensions > Module Manager > select / edit your module that displays the flexbanners.

hope this helps!

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:34 am

I'm afraid I think ruud is wrong. FlexBanners works with Joomla categories so unless JMarket uses those it won't work. I'm not familiar with JMarket but most shop components use their own category systems.
Andrew998
Developer