Undefined variable: jconfig in

This is the place to post questions and comments about the FlexBanner component
epro

Undefined variable: jconfig in

Post by epro » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:13 am

Hi All

I installed flexbanner b4 on my system and got errors.

My system

winxp
wamp 2
MySql 5.1.30
PHP 5.2.8
Apache 2.2.11
joomla 1.5.9
CB 1.2 stable

under manage banners i see:

Notice: Undefined variable: jconfig in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 166

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone
\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 166

under manage Client i see:

Notice: Undefined variable: jconfig in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 698

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 698

under manage links i see:

Notice: Undefined variable: jconfig in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 765

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 765

under manage Locations i see:

Notice: Undefined variable: jconfig in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 589

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 589

and under manage Sizes i see:

Notice: Undefined variable: jconfig in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 523

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 523.

I'm not a coder, but i would say it's something to do with the "jconfig" file, but i searched my server and couldn't find a "jconfig" file. If a file needs editing, i can do it, if someone tells me what is needed. My site is about ready to go online.

I tried installing with and without the mod and i uninstalled and reinstalled with no change.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
:?: :cry: :?:

Thanks
epro
Last edited by epro on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew998

Re: Undefined variable: jconfig in

Post by Andrew998 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:01 am

Can you check you configuration.php file? Make sure it has
var $list_limit = '20';
in it.

This looks like you might be using an old style (1.0) configuration.php file.
Andrew998
Developer

epro

Post by epro » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:42 am

Hi Andrew998

Thanks for replying so quickly. :)

I checked the configuration.php and line 5 reads "var $list_limit = '20';" and I also have a file named configuration.php-dist and it also reads "var $list_limit = '20';" on line 34, less the "". As far as I know there is nothing 1.0 on this system and everything is running 1.5 native. Everything was as fresh install. If I try to load an extension that is non-native it tells me. Maybe there is a php extension not turned on, but everything else is working ok. I have GD2 installed, but not ImageMagick if that matters? I had a hard time with seo and sef, but that was a template problem and that is now fixed. I'm hoping to have it online by sat and maybe you'll be able to tell more then. The url is http://www.yourgreenzone,com and I'll post it here when it's online. If you have any more ideas, post them and I'll try them. After seeing your extension it looks perfect for what i need to target advertisers.

:?

Thanks
epro

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:06 am

Can you try the attached file (unzip it first) instead of the one in /administrator/components/com_flexbanner and let me know if it works?
Attachments
admin.flexbanner.zip
(5.34 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Andrew998
Developer

epro

Post by epro » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:49 am

Hi
Sorry for taking this long.

your file fixed the above errors, but I'm now get the fallowing errors:

under the Manage Banner, when you click on a banner you get:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 226

under the Manage Clients, when you click on a client you get:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 732

under the Manage Clients, if you look at a client and don't save, but click cancel you get:

Notice: Undefined variable: clientid in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 114

under the Manage links, when you click on a link you get:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 800

under the Manage links, if you look at a link and don't save, but click cancel you get:

Notice: Undefined variable: linkid in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 134

under the Manage location, when you click on a location you get:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 624

under the Manage location, if you look at a location and don't save, but click cancel you get:

Notice: Undefined variable: locationid in C:\wamp2\www\yourgreenzone\administrator\components\com_flexbanner\admin.flexbanner.php on line 94

Still no banners showing on front page at id. location.

Thanks for your quick response and all help is appreciated.

:mrgreen:

I was sick and had other problems, so I'm putting off launch until Tuesday.

Thanks
epro
Last edited by epro on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 am

Which version of the component are you using?

If not already, can you update to the newest version (just install over it, you don't need to uninstall the old version) and then upload the modified file.
Andrew998
Developer

epro

Post by epro » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi

I think I was using the latest beta 4, but I still download your latest and I still get the same errors as in last post. Any other ideas, am I doing something wrong, do I need to add something to the article, or just the article id in the location manager?

Thanks
epro

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:47 am

All those errors are caused by the same thing. For some reason the component can't pick up your user ID. I suspect the problem must be in your Joomla installation. Before trying anything else on the component I would suggest you reinstall Joomla (just over-writing all the files should suffice).
Andrew998
Developer

epro

Post by epro » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi

I reinstalled joomla 1.5.9 and CB1.2 stable, with the same results. Sorry, but maybe you didn't notice I was running Community Builder (CB1.2). I'm pretty sure CB handles users differently than Joomla. Maybe your FlexBanner just won't work with CB. If not it's a shame, after looking at other banner exts, the only other one that comes close to yours is dybanners and with it you need to add something else to tract clicks. Thanks for trying and I'll check back after the launch to see if you have any other ideas. It would be great if you could get it to work with CB.

Thanks
epro

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:23 pm

I've got users who use it with CB so I really don't think that is the problem. I'll do some tests.
Andrew998
Developer