Problems updating

This is the place to post questions and comments about the FlexBanner component
Rudik

Problems updating

Post by Rudik » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi There,

Currently using Flexbanner 4.0.9 on Joomla 2.5.28. Update to higher version of Flexbanner is not successful. Error:

Duplicate column name 'linkname' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_flexbannerslink` ADD `linkname` VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL AFTER `linkid`;
SQL = ALTER TABLE `#__flexbannerslink` ADD `linkname` VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL AFTER `linkid`;

II have been trying many versions including the special update versions from this forum. They all give the same error.
I could use some help here..... Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rudi

Andrew998

Re: Problems updating

Post by Andrew998 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:12 pm

That couldn't happen on a straightforward upgrade from 4.0.9 to 4.0.29 (why would you wait so long between updates, it's asking for trouble?).

The attached should work.
Attachments
com_flexbanners_4.0.29_update2.zip
(295.04 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Andrew998
Developer

Rudik

Post by Rudik » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your quick reply !
Sorry for not updating earlier, if things work fine i usually don't bother updating. Your product was just too stable to be updated :D

The provided update finished installation. Unfortunately now i get a message within the Flex Banner main page:

Unknown column 'a.state' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT clientid As value, clientname As text FROM jos_flexbannersclient AS a WHERE a.state= 1 ORDER BY a.clientname

My existing banners are visible. The tab 'Categories' can be opened but the other tabs generate an error 500 with the same 'Unknown column 'a.state'' detail. Also, opening an existing banner from the Main page shows the following errors on the top of the page:

Unknown column 'a.state' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT clientid As value, clientname As text FROM jos_flexbannersclient AS a WHERE a.state= 1 ORDER BY a.clientname
Unknown column 'a.state' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT locationid As value, locationname As text FROM jos_flexbannerslocations AS a WHERE a.state= 1 ORDER BY a.locationname
Unknown column 'a.state' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT sizeid As value, sizename As text FROM jos_flexbannerssize AS a WHERE a.state= 1 ORDER BY a.sizename
Unknown column 'a.state' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT linkid AS value, IF(LENGTH(linkname)>0, linkname, linkurl) AS text FROM jos_flexbannerslink AS a WHERE a.state= 1 ORDER BY a.linkname
Unknown column 'a.state' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT linkid AS value, IF(LENGTH(linkname)>0, linkname, linkurl) AS text FROM jos_flexbannerslink AS a WHERE a.state= 1 ORDER BY a.linkname

Do you have any suggestions ? Maybe try to reinstall older versions ?

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Do you know how to run sql queries on your database?

If so use the following:

ALTER TABLE `jos_flexbannersclient` ADD `state` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `jos_flexbannerslocation` ADD `state` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `jos_flexbannerssize` ADD `state` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `jos_flexbannerslink` ADD `state` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL;
Andrew998
Developer

Rudik

Post by Rudik » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Just made the changes in the database with 'VJ Database Tool'
Thanks to your help i got FlexBanner working again :D

Just 1 remark about hte database changes: `jos_flexbannerslocation` should be `jos_flexbannerslocations` with a 's' at the end....

After making the database changes i needed to enable everything, for now it seems to be working fine...

I just made a donation by PayPal. Thanks again !

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Glad you got it sorted. It's been quite hard to support a version for 2.5 and 3 because there's no mechanism to do a conditional update to a database.

Thanks for the donation.

Regards

Andrew
Andrew998
Developer

Rudik

Post by Rudik » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Unfortunately, still a small problem:
From each Banner (existing, or newly created) i cannot change the 'Link URL' or 'Banner Alt Text' fields. I mean, i can change the value but after clicking the 'Save' button the field reverts to the old value without any error message.
Other fields can be changed and saved (tried most of them).
Any new ideas ?

Andrew998

Post by Andrew998 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Could you export the flexbanner tables from the database and send them to me?
Andrew998
Developer